Empowering Innovation Through Simplicity
There is an adage that is called “the ugly truth about innovation”: In reality, just 10% of it is actual innovation. The other 90% consist of laying the necessary groundwork. Or, as Edison is rumored to have said, “Genius is 10% inspiration and 90% transpiration”.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to focus on the 10%?
Xentara Handles the Invisible Part of the “Innovation Iceberg”
- universal connector for legacy field buses and protocols
- open Skill interface quickly adapts to any existing technology
- lots of preexisting Skills for industrial buses & protocols
- data processing and analysis right on the Industrial Edge
Using Xentara as your base platform allows you to pour all your effort into innovation – because the groundwork is already done!
When it comes to digitalization, Industry 4.0, IoT and all the hundreds of topics connected to these, the main problems with implementing any innovative solutions stem from the huge amount of existing technology:
- complex hardware and cabling
- a multitude of incompatible interfaces
- too many legacy protocols
- lack of real-time control
This is why the idea of “Smart Industry” is so elusive. The diversity and complexity of industrial systems, especially in the Brownfield, makes it nearly impossible to even gather a useful amount of data from legacy machines.
And even if data is gathered, it isn’t used properly:
- data is buried in siloes, log files, and reports
- analysis is handled “offline” in cloud services, delaying key insights
- modern sensor technology and AI / ML are not leveraged
Thus, no value is generated from data, and its potential is left unrealized.
But we at embedded ocean believe that the future of industry is data-driven, and that most industrial innovations throughout the next decade will be based on thorough and efficient use of data. This is why we have made it our mission to enable innovation by freeing you from the 90% of work that nobody wants to do.